Stay with a Purpose
Founded in 2006, YES Hostel provides affordable, safe, and comfortable accommodations to backpackers, tourists, and groups traveling in Uganda. Proceeds from the hostel directly support the efforts of YES to empower youth in Fort Portal and the region.
Rooms & Facilities
- Dorm rooms offer bunk bed accommodations and sleep 4-6
- Two private rooms are available that can accommodate couples
- All rooms include linens and mosquito nets
- Bathrooms include western-style, flush toilets with hot showers
- Free Wi-Fi (when power is on) is included
- All guests have access to a common area, which includes a Ping-Pong table, puzzles, books, and a variety of board games
- A conference room is available for meetings and training events
- A full range of delicious, home-cooked meals are available to order daily
- Facility is gated and a guard is on duty 24/7 for security
- Private Room: 50,000 UGX per night
- Dorm Bed: 30,000 UGX per night
- Dorm Bed + Full Breakfast: 45,000 UGX per night
- Camping: 15,000 UGX per night
discount available for groups of 10 or more
Contact the hostel manager to inquire about availability and book your stay:
Map & Directions
The hostel is located on Kakiza Road in Fort Portal, Uganda in the neighborhood of Boma.
- The hostel is 1.8 kilometers or 1.1 miles from The Gardens Restaurant and the Mpanga Market on the north side of Fort Portal town.
- From the central bus park: The distance is approximately 2.4 km or 1.5 miles.
By motorcycle taxi (boda-boda) it should cost approximately 1,000 – 1,500 UGX for a one-way ride from the bus park or from the center of town.